Make a Claim
Prior to lodging your claim with us it is important that you consider the wellbeing and safety of you and your property. We therefore provide the following tips which may be of some assistance to you:
- Make contact with the SES if the damage is serious.
- Call 000 if anyone is injured.
- Contact the police to report a burglary or attempted break & enter.
- Ensure you take all reasonable precautions to prevent further loss. Note: most property insurance policies will cover the cost of emergency repairs and also the provision of temporary security arrangements pending such repairs.
- Never admit liability to any third parties.
Your insurer will generally require two repair/replacement quotes for small property damage losses.
Depending on the size of the loss, an assessor may be required to inspect the loss. In the event of a large loss please contact our office as soon as possible so that we can co-ordinate this on your behalf.
The more supporting evidence that can be provided, such as receipts, photos, service records of the goods being claimed, the quicker your claim will be processed. It is important to keep all receipts to support your claim.
In order for us to properly assist you with your claim it is important that you contact us as soon as possible. Alternatively should you wish to notify us of your claim outside of our business hours please use the 24 hour emergency assist hotline 1300 831 094.